Monday, March 25, 2013

at the fence

at the fence by lovelydesign
at the fence, a photo by lovelydesign on Flickr.

i realised early on in the year that at the top of Reid's activity choices is to putter around our yard. I am over the moon with this realisation - and we have been getting much work done, side by side, moving rocks, uplifting the earth, weeding, preparing, discovering. I have many plans, but they are slow goals. I feel as though have no one to impress but myself - a rather satisfying feeling which in my experience usually yields the most fulfilling results. We shall see.

Out of school hours, and more and more as the grey wet days fade into brilliant sunshine, Adelaide will join us. Having this light-and-airy-fence installed last spring was one of the best things I had done. With it I can work on the street-side of our garden relatively stress-free, but still have closeness to them. Soon, I will stain it and add a few embellishments, i believe.

I am greatly enjoying this time with my children and the peace and contentedness and satisfaction which comes from gardening and work out-of-doors. It's like a sigh of relief for the soul.

Happy Spring!

11 comments:

catie said...

you sound so happy, sharilyn.
this fence seems ideal ~ a healthy boundary to keep your sweeties safe ♥

natalie thistlewood-cox said...

We have a lolly pop fence at the top of the garden to keep the little ones safe. Lets hope for a long summer x

Rebecca Renkas said...

It sounds heavenly to be able to do yard work with your little ones by your side. I live outside of Edmonton,AB and we have so much snow still that it's going to be awhile until I can get my hands in the soil again. Enjoy your time with your little ones, those were one of the happiest times in my life as a mother. Take care and enjoy the spring.(I love your blog,keep posting when you can)

Jennifer said...

Yes to slow goals at the pace of children and family life. :-) I like that a lot. Have a happy spring and lots of muddy boots.

Daniela said...

I'm so looking forward for spring days to arrive so I can start gardening and planting flowers. How great that you're enjoying the outdoors with your little ones!

Supplements said...


Supplements
Delighted that I found your site, fantastic info. I will bookmark and try to visit more frequently.

Megan @Me and Wee said...

It all sounds so wonderful! Now that Noah has learned to walk, I'm finding that he loves to wander around outside too. He just likes to walk and look at everything. He moans and groans to go outside all the time now. I've decided to just bring out a book and sit as he wanders our fenced yard (I'm no gardener!). Fun for him and relaxation for me! Score!

Stephanie said...

I love the last thing you just said. Gardening and being with my kids. I completely agree there is nothing better.

housing in nigeria said...

Thanks for this post. I really enjoyed your post. Great to read your post & many many thanks for this post..
housing in nigeria

necmettin karadağlı said...

İç giyim ve iç çamaşırı sektöründe faaliyet gösteren firmamızda bütün seks shop ürünlerini bulabilir ve kapıda ödeme seçeneği ile teslim alırken ödemesini yapabilirsiniz.
Gizlilik temel prensibimizdir kargolarımız kapalı kutularda kozmetik ürün olarak taşınır paketlerin üzerinde erotik shop ve sex shop ibareleri ile iç giyim reklamları bulunmaz
Firmamız 7/24 hizmet vermektedir ve bütün iller ile kıbrıs’ a ürün gönderimi yapılmaktadır.

Karly Mittens said...

Fences serves a very important role in the our backyard. Aside from keeping out pest and wild animals, it also serves as protection for children not to get far from the house.


Fencing Brisbane | Fencing contractors Brisbane